39 Survival Hacks That Could Save Your Like (Seriously)
UPDATED on June 21, 2020
Modern technology has made life significantly easier. We all take modern technology for granted, given the fact that when those gadgets fail us, we’re done for.
Even though you probably won’t be in too many of those scenarios, it’s still good to know a few survival tips. Check out the 39 and bonus wilderness and survival hacks below, so you’re always prepared.
1. Soak a cotton ball or cotton pad with petroleum jelly to JUMP-START a fire.
2. Have a stubborn jar? Grab some handy duct tape.
3. Need a Bright Light? Use an aluminum can. The aluminum will reflect the light.
4. If you are worried about potential frostbite, use baby oil on your exposed skin.
5. If you get a flat tire and you lack a spare tire, filling the tire up with grass can help you reach your destination.
6. Chip minerals are great for starting fires.
7. Mark your path with wood you already burnt(A.K.A. charcoal).
8. Always keep an extra $20-50 in your phone case for emergencies.
9. Survival Fire!
10. Keep the mosquitos away by putting Tabasco on exposed skin.
11. Ball up pieces of tin foil if you need AA, but only have AAA.
12. Prevent blisters on the back of your heel with duct tape.
13. You can start a fire with a pinch with some AA batteries and foil wrapper(gum wrapper)!
14. Tarp folded together can make a raft!
15. Use saltwater as a basic disinfectant when you have nothing else on hand.
16. Use floss as a fishline.
17. Use Scissors to make this fishing hook!
18. Point a flashlight or headlight at a milk carton for a lamp!
19. Use any small metal rod(even rolled up foil) if you only have one battery, but need two.
20. Make a stove from an empty can and some alcohol!
21. Use toothpaste to treat bug bites.
22. Chapsticks can treat small cuts.
23. You can easily start a fire with clothing pallets!
24. An alternative way to make a stove without alcohol!
25. Water bottles can start fires, by magnifying light.
26. Superglue is good for healing small to medium wounds.
27. To remove super glue, put on Acetone nail polish remover.
28. If your shoes aren't waterproof, make them waterproof.
29. Making a card like this could save your life one day.
30. Bounce batteries to see if they're dead.
31. Have a container that doesn't fit in the sink? No problem.
32. When camping or hiking, leave cotton clothing at home.
33. Use the spaghetti as a wick to prevent burning yourself.
34. Keep your password safe with the 'Ñ.'
35. Easily open blister packages.
36. On vacations, keep your possessions safe.
37. Broke your arm? Wrap it in your shirt/ t-shirt(better than nothing).
38. In a fire? Breathe through your bra(for women).
39. In a fire? Stay low to receive fresher air, and breathe through any cloth around you(for men/ kids).
Bonus Survival Hacks
40. Mosquitos love blue. Don't wear it.
41. Stash old shoes in your car, so if your car breaks down, your old shoes will be more conformed to your feet and give you fewer blisters when walking.
42. Large soda bottles are great for storing food(rice, beans, etc.)
Well, that about wraps things up. In this article, you learn basic survival hacks that will probably be useful to you, I mean, who doesn’t have problems opening jars?
Thank you so much for reading the entire article, and if you got some value from this article, please consider sharing this article!